Seneca Township High School District 160
High School Campus Expansion
In May 2010, the Seneca Township High School District 160 chose Frederick Quinn Corporation (FQC) to provide At-Risk Construction Management Services for their multi‑year, multi-million dollar expansion project. The expansion is a result of the District’s Master Facility Plan that was several years in the making.
District 160 is the heart of the Seneca community and the pre-construction phase of work included a community engagement process, similar to pre-referendum services. FQC worked with the District, their staff, and the community from the Schematic Design stage all the way through completion of the project, completed in August 2012. The school facilities and fields remained operational during construction which includes usage for normal school functions, summer programs, and community events.
Highlights of the project include:
- Classroom additions to support auto shop, science, health, dance, and fitness rooms
- Softball field relocation
- New football stadium
- New concessions and restrooms building for outdoor field usage
- New transportation building to house buses with additional storage
- Various interior renovations including improving building circulation and updating finishes
- Demolition of existing structures
- Improved site circulation and parking